Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Epilogue

Golly well I'm home after the trip of a lifetime. Along the way there have been a lot of ups and one or two downs but when I look back on this time in time to come I know that I will regard it as being one of the best times of my life.

As Hoots would put it "It doesn't matter about the temples that you see or the scenery you view, when you get down to it is the people you do it with that count" and on this trip I couldn't agree more. If it had not been for the fantastic people I met along the way it would have been a pale shadow of what it has been.

I went away looking for some inner peace after a couple of years of turmoil and I am glad to report that I found it.

It seems invidious to single out anyone for particular thanks but I like invidious so here goes.

To Kathryn who persuaded me to go in the first place. To Hoots for putting up with my mood swings and covering for me when my pathetic drinking powers threatened to embarass me. To Ben and Rochelle, Graham and Helga, Dustin and his family, Churchy and Nicole and Bill and Amy who at various times put me up and made me feel totally welcome and allowed me to relax. To Gay George (not actually gay) for bringing my skiing kit to Canada. To the mystery reporter who saved me the job of writing this blog and tolerably faithfully reported all my adventures.

And finally to anyone who read this, thanks for being interested in what I was up to.

No comments: